What types of Oregon licenses require PDUs?

Basic, Standard, Initial II, Limited, Career and Technical II, Five-Year Career and Technical, Initial School Psychologist, Distinguished Administrator, or Continuing license. And Substitute Teacher.

What is a PDU?

Required Professional Development Units (PDUs): Are needed to maintain a teaching license for the state of Oregon. PDUs are determined by the amount of credits a teacher is getting from a graduate or non-graduate course at a university. All educators who have obtained a final license type will soon be required to complete Professional Development Units (PDUs) to renew, regardless of employment status. A “final license type” is defined as a license that an educator could choose to renew indefinitely, for the remainder of a career. This State of Oregon change takes effect January 1st, 2013.

How can I be reimbursed by my district?

It is usually easy to receive reimbursement for CT Courses.
CT Courses will send you a detailed receipt within 24hrs of your registration.
You will need to request a receipt from the University of the Pacific by contacting their main office. universitycollege@pacific.edu, include your name, email address, date of birth, and course numbers. Your receipt should be available 3 to 4 weeks after you have registered.
Submit both receipts along with your transcripts to your district for reimbursement. (some districts will accept your certificate of completion in lieu of your transcripts)
The best and most accurate tuition reimbursement information will be available from your district HR department.

As always, feel free to contact us if you need any help.

When will I receive my grades?

An Unofficial Transcript will be issued by regular mail with your official grades within 4-6 weeks from when your grades are submitted to the Registrar’s Office at UOP. Along with your unofficial transcript, you will also receive information regarding how to request an OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT. However, you DO NOT have to wait until you receive your unofficial transcript to order your official transcript.

Or you can request an official transcript over the Internet. Go to the website of the registrar’s office: http://web.pacific.edu/x7062.xml and choose the National Student Clearinghouse option which is under the heading Former Students. This is an instant way to request transcripts online. You must pay with a credit card and there is a $7 charge for using this service. Transcripts cannot be requested by email, through fax, or over the phone.

It is imperative that you very clearly indicate ALL PEDU numbers that you wish to appear on your official transcript. Otherwise, your transcript could be sent out to you missing a course(s). When requesting online, please write your classes in the fields marked "Enter other required instructions only" You can write more than one class on a line if you have more than 4 classes.

Also, on the second page under the heading Delivery Options, choose the Processing Option “After Grades Are Posted”. If you do not, your transcript could be sent without important information and you will have to re-order/ re-pay!

Official Transcripts, Ordering Walkthrough


University of the Pacific students not seeking a degree are not sent 1098-T’s.  Our zero balance receipts have the university's tax ID # & are usually sufficient enough when filing. To request a zero balance receipt send an email to universitycollege@pacific.edu in the request include your full name, the last 4 of your SS#, your email address, course names, and course numbers.

University of the Pacific/University College 209.946.2424 universitycollege@pacific.edu

For the CT Courses charges, use the information on the receipt you received from CT Courses.