Portland State University and Communication Technology


PSU will send out 1098-T for the $60 per credit fee. For the CTCourses charges, use the information on the receipt you received from CT Courses.

When will grades post to PSU BanWeb?

2017 Spring term grades will post to BanWeb on June 21st.

2017 Summer grades will post on Sept. 6th.

How do I get started?

If you don’t have a Portland State University ID number please get one here. Please note PSU will issue a one-time charge of $50.00 to create your PSU account.

For more information, please see our “Getting Started – Terms of Use” section at the bottom of this page.

How can I be reimbursed by my district?

It is usually easy to receive reimbursement for CT Courses.

The best and most accurate tuition reimbursement information will be available from your district HR department.

As always, feel free to contact us if you need any help.

What is a PDU?

Required Professional Development Units (PDU’s): This is needed to maintain a teaching license for the state of Oregon. PDU’s are determined by the amount of credits a teachers is getting from a graduate or non-graduate course at a university. All educators who have obtained a final license type will soon be required to complete Professional Development Units (PDU’s) to renew, regardless of employment status. A “final license type” is defined as a license that an educator could choose to renew indefinitely, for the remainder of a career. This change takes effect January 1st, 2013

What types of Oregon licenses require PDU’s?

Basic, Standard, Initial II, Limited, Career and Technical II, Five-Year Career and Technical, Initial School Psychologist, Distinguished Administrator, or Continuing license. And Substitute Teacher.

What is a Semester Credit Hour and a Term Credit Hour

PSU gives credits in a “Term Credit Hour” While private universities give credit in “Semester Credit Hours”

How many PDU’s do teachers earn by taking a class at PSU?

A single credit hour at PSU = 20 PDU’s

How many PDU’s do teachers have to complete?

Half Time or more employees of a school district must complete 25 PDU’s per year or a total of 75 PDU’s for a 3 year license and 125 PDU’s for a five-year license. 75 PDU’s = 3.75 PSU Credit Hours 125 PDU’s = 6.25 PSU Credit Hours If the teach has substituted, or is retired or unemployed AND will renew their license in 2013, they will need to complete 25 PDU’s or 1.25 Credits from PSU

The teacher has a Masters Degree and feels they will not need to complete PDU’s, is this true?

For all renewals after January 1st, 2013, teachers must complete PDU’s to maintain their license, regardless of employment status.

Can a teacher use the same PDU’s to renew more than one license?

Yes, if a teacher holds more than one type of teaching license. The PDU’s taken through PSU will count towards their license requirements on all licensees. Everyone on a full license will have to complete at least some PDU’s if they renew in 2013.

How many PDU’s will teachers receive if they take a class from Ardys through PSU?

A: Communication Technology offers 3 types of courses: 1 credit = 20 PDU’s 3 credit = 60 PDU’s 5 credit = 120 PDU’s.

What about Substitute Teaching License, or Restricted Substitute Teaching License?

Depends on when the license will expire: 2014 = 20 PDU’s 2015 = 30 PDU’s.

I’m taking a distance class. Will I get a PSU receipt?

Please go to BANWEB for your PSU receipt. The CT receipt will be emailed to you. TSPC has an overview about PDU’s on their WEBSITE There is a list of example activities teachers may use to count as PDU’s: THE LIST Educators do not have to complete college coursework in order to earn PDU credit. Although coursework is completely acceptable, there are other options, as well. If an educator chooses to complete coursework, credit may be earned from a community college, college, or university. Also, either undergraduate or graduate level credit is acceptable. College coursework counts as follows: One quarter of college credit = 20 PDUs One semester of college credit = 30 PDU’s.

How will I pay the PSU Credit Fee?

You will be issued a PSU bill on the 16th of the month. The bill will be emailed to your PSU email account which you can access with your PSU ID number and password. In managing your email account you can choose to have these emails forwarded to a different email account (one that you check more regularly).

I’m not sure I’m in PSU’s system as a former student. How do I find out?

Call Mark Mentzer at (503) 725-4825 for help.

How does the new PSU registration and billing system work?

Starting Spring 2012, students who are new to PSU need to set up a PSU Student Account and all credit students will pay the PSU Credit Fee directly to PSU. The information you need can be found HERE NEW: go to BAN WEB HELP for video tutorials on PSU processes.

How do I access my transcript?

When will my grade be posted by PSU?

  • Your Summer 2015 grade will be posted 8/31/15.
  • Your Fall 2015 grade will be posted 12/16/15.
  • Your Winter 2016 grade will be posted 3/23/16.
  • Your Spring 2016 grade will be posted 6/15/16.

Are CT Classes Quarter hours or Semester hours?

Graduate Level Quarter Hours.

Additional Information

1# CT Courses Fee Receipt will be generated at check out.
2# PSU receipt will be billed separately after you are registered.
3# You will need to submit both 1# CT Receipt and 2# PSU Receipt to District -HR for entire CT/PSU fee reimbursement
3#  LOGIN www.banweb.pdx.edu to check your transcript for former courses
4# PSU Questions Mark Mentzer 503 725 4825 or call PSU HELP 503 725 4357 OIT (Office of Information Technology)
5#  www.banweb.pdx.edu  download your PSU Receipt and  PSU grades
6# You will be able to LOGIN with your PSU-#9xxxxxxxx  Your 6 digit password may be your DOB ddmmyy
7# Check TAB  FAQ for other resources and PSU/CT Course  Titles
8# CT fee schedule may vary IF CT is offering discount for limited promotions. PSU =$60 per credit not negotiable
9# Thank you, YOUR SYNERGY support is appreciated .
10# Please click here to down load PSU/CT flyer and POST for teachers who need user friendly credits.
11# Taxes: PSU will send out 1098-T for the $60 per credit fee. For the CTCourses charges, use the information on the receipt you received from CT Courses.
CT Courses Title & Fee Schedule                                    PSU CEED Spring 2016

Getting Started - Terms of Use

  • If you don’t have a Portland State University ID number please get one here. Please note PSU will issue a one-time charge of $27.00 to create your PSU account.
  • When you sign up for a class through us, you agree to have us generate and forward a PSU registration form for you directly to PSU (you will get a copy). These terms can be found here. Please note that a digital signature is created from your first and last name. By using this website you are giving us permission to generate this registration PDF and submit it on your behalf to PSU. This will generate a fee billed separately by PSU for $60.00 per credit of each class you take with us.
  • District voucher codes: Please contact us to obtain a district voucher code to use at checkout. This will reduce your billable fee. In order for your per credit fee to be reduced proportionately the voucher will have to be forwarded to PSU as well.
  • If you have any questions, please contact us or use the helpful websites on this page

PSU Helpdesk

The Helpdesk provides centralized computer support for PSU students, faculty, and staff.

Phone | 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
503-725-HELP (4357)


Location | Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Smith Memorial Student Union
Room 18 (basement level)
1825 SW Broadway
Portland, OR 97201